Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Family, my loves one



Dumpling.
Ching Ming Festival is around the corner.

Actually i dont even know which day is the actual day.But i guess lately everyone will be rushing back hometown for this Festival to pay their respects for their ancestors.

Anyhow, the point is we will be seeing a lot of dumplings lately.


Normally , Chinese, especially Buddha, practices ancestor worship because they are driven by filial piety to care for the souls of their departed loves one. It is common to see families partaking of food served as offerings to the departed. And our family is among of the commons.

Why i pointed specifically on dumpling? Because i love dumplings made by my mom. Normally it will be tasting nice ! And will gives me the "aww" moment as well. But sometimes will happens some taste out of expectation. *laugh* And yet, i still impressed with my mom, she so expert in doing dumplings. I tried before and there was i keep screaming "OMG", "why like this" and much more.lol

This year, mom gave few dumplings for me to bring back in Kampar, and she gave some for my Bay too. Jealous sial, i, myself have to took dumpling myself, she didnt even ask me want to take or not. But my he, has my mom to offer him the dumplings volunteerly. *not fair-hng*

Anyway, it is a food, traditional Chinese food. Which appears only during any festivals, like Ching Ming or the dragon boat festival. For me, these all links to family. What will a dumpling means to you when you just alone and bought it at the market? You might have just feel "it is just a food." But this is not the original meaning of the food. Some said dumpling is about a team, a group.

Anyhow, i wanted a happy family. I guess everybody does. But i guess my wish and hope will be much stronger. Just few person will understand this. Ching Ming, me and Bay went back hometown like any other Chinese from other places too. That day, my daddy wake me up to my grandma's "banglo",lol, as what my father called it. Relatives all was talking, chit-chatting while doing prayers.

Then i saw 2003 March 18. Grandma passed away for so many years, and it was just "aww, time flashes!". I still remember way back when grandma was sick, she sitting on the chair and look at me, offering me half of her biscuit in hand and wanted me to sit beside her, sharing the same chair with her. There was her, so thin and with Alzheimer's disease.

Just wanted to tell everyone, appreciate your loves one when you still can. Who will know what will be happening next. Many things are unpredictable. Dont take things granted or else you will oversee the love that actually was there for so long. Never keep the word when you have the chances to say it out. Say i love you to the person that you love loudly. Let them know, let them take note instead of take things for granted.

My home sweet home

My Living Room with daddy working table

The 50' full HD tv daddy just bought *yeay* 

Second living room with newly custom-made wall cabinet and workout machines

Third living room upstairs with obvious aircon paip that havent fix up any aircon there.lol

And finally the corner of mommy's work place !

Let my parents's room, my room, my sister's room, guest room or store room, or whatever room in my house be confidential. *lol* Anyhow, this is still my home sweet home. Forever wishes it to be sweet always, sincerely. The most enjoyable part of my house is the direction of it. My house faces West. What does it means? It means this !

The view infront of my house, sunset !



 The view behind of my house, basically thru me and my sister's room windows, Sunrise !
*although captured abit late, not so early wake up,lol*




Maybe people will be wondering why is it looks like lake or water all over behind my house. Honestly, it was paddy field. Infront and back of my house has some small paddy field. No other building blocking the air, for now. When you entering the guard house, you will see only one straight road and there are only 20 houses inside. So whenever talking about my house, i will said that i am living in paddy field kampung. And nothing to be ashame of not being a city girl. Yes, i am just a village girl, so what? *laugh*

Just a random post. Happy Ching Ming Festival everyone. Wait, it sounds weird to wishes people happy for visiting departed relatives' grave. Anyway, i mean, enjoy the reunion moments with your family and relatives.

Enjoy ! ;-)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...