Saturday, February 26, 2011

Who's that girl? Shirley Qiu



He made me this.



Yes, no doubt.

This is my name.

Shirley Qiu






Literally, i'm proud of my name. I like my name a lot. It derived from the Old English elements, it means Bright Wood, Bright meadow, from the white meadow. It might be a very common name for a girl. But as far as i know, Shirley originally was a boy's name. Sound kind of weird.

Well, i just like my name purely because it's what given by my parents. In chinese also pronounce as Xue Li (Shirley). As well as malay also Xue Li. So standardized. Thank you my parents for giving me such a convenience. *lol*

Way back when i was in early secondary school, i was using a stupid idiot name, where now i found it damn funny. Piggy Shirley. Even my previous email address. I even draw a pig and the Piggy Shirley name on my bottle, and my mum used to ask me :"where is your Piggy bottle?". I've used this name for roughly one or two years i think. That time i was so obsessed by the piggy doll. Now? Screwed it. This name could not last forever as i growing up, grow older.

Seriously, not joking, there is a close connection between names and the way we growing up. Hundreds of studies have been made on this particular subject and although no one can say that there are "good" names that will benefit a person over another, it's a certainty that there are several "wrong" names that you can choose from. Weird names or names that are not in-line with the current standards of your culture, society or religion can often affect your growing up process in a negative manner.


Most of the chinese names are difficult to have a proper english name. So please take in consideration many factors when choosing the appropriate name for yourself, especially your status. Pick a name that will suit you when you grow into mature adult. I always told myself that how lucky am i to own a name that no need to think so much whether it is suitable for me or not, so not weird and is in-line and the name is completely ME ! Shirley is me, i'm Shirley. Once or twice i keep imagine what if i keep using the Piggy Shirley name till future, i mean when working in the future. "nice to meet you, i'm Piggy Shirley". Sounds extremely pathetic.


If i got a baby girl in the future, can i name her as Charlotte?
There is a meaning behind it.
There is a meaning behind every name,is whether you willing to figure it out or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...